The Enterprise Training Support (ETS) Scheme is a new scheme jointly developed by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) and Ministry of Manpower (MOM). With effect from 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2015, companies will be able to access the ETS scheme to implement progressive human resource (HR) systems; enhance in-house training infrastructure and capabilities that will help raise the skills and productivity of workers.
Specifically, the ETS scheme seeks to achieve the following outcomes:
- Raise workers’ productivity and skills levels as part of economic restructuring
- Create more hiring and competitive opportunities for Singaporeans through good HR development management systems and practices
- Benchmark compensation and benefits to market rates for local talent attraction and retention
The ETS scheme will provide funding support for companies that tapped on the following components:
1. Training Grant – The training grant forms the core of the ETS scheme. It supports the cost of non-WSQ training and structured OJT, with bundled WSQ training forming at least 30% of an enterprise training plan. It encourages companies to develop overall training plan to be relevant to 50% of company’s local workforce
2. Capability Grant – This one-time grant supports companies to build their in-house capabilities in the areas of training delivery and infrastructure.
3. Curriculum Contextualisation and Alignment Grant – This grant helps companies to defray costs in developing Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) training modules, both in terms of content and training delivery. The grant will also support development of On-the-Job (OJT) blueprints.
4. HR Development Grant – This one-time grant supports companies in adopting holistic training plans, enhancing learning and development systems or developing a career progression pathway that is tied to the enterprise training roadmap. The grant also encourages companies to integrate WSQ into their training plans and HR policy.
5. Compensation and Benefits System Review Grant – The grant will help companies to defray costs associated with consultancy to conduct enterprise-wide industry salary benchmark reviews to restructure wages, so as to attract local talent and retain them in a tight labour market.
Contact us to find out how you can benefit from the ETS.